Many thanks to @carlito_burito for my nomination for this award!
The Liebster Award is a great way for new bloggers, or bloggers with a smaller following, to get to know each other. In accepting the Liebster Award there are some rules to follow as best you can:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
4. Write 11 facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 bloggers (with fewer than 400 Twitter followers) who you feel deserve the award.
6. Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
Questions for me:
1. What is your favorite movie?
Star Wars. A cliché answer, perhaps, but it was the first movie I ever saw in the theater. I think I owe my lifelong love of film to it.
2. Do you have a motto you live by and what is it?
I feel like it’s very difficult to sum up a person’s core beliefs into a single pithy statement. However, if pressed, I would have to say “Love” (both the noun and the verb). It’s so much more appealing than the alternative.
3. Where would you like to travel to that you haven’t already been to?
Domestic: California and the West Coast. My sister lives there, and I’ve never been. Foreign: probably Prague. I hear it’s beautiful, although I think I missed the boat on trading a pair of jeans for a car.
4. Do you have any hidden talents?
Not really. I’m remarkably ordinary. Although my wife often mentions the fact that I am a repository for useless knowledge.
5. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Probably the day that my older sister and I had breakfast on top of the refrigerator. My mom came downstairs, looked at us, shook her head and made herself some coffee.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Nails on a chalkboard. Yikes. Sets my teeth on edge.
7. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
T. Rex. And not because the new Jurassic Park movie is coming out. I’ve always thought T. Rex was a badass. (This bears no resemblence to my actual personality, mind you)
8. What was the first album you ever owned?
A friend of mine made me a cassette tape of Business As Usual by Men At Work. If you’re talking about the first album I purchased with my own money, it was Duke by Genesis.
9. If you could learn one thing in a day, what would it be?
Play the piano. Not a very practical skill, I know, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to be able to do.
10. What was your favorite toy as a child?
It was a Teddy bear I named Edward.
11. If you could go back in time, what period in history would you live in and why?
This is a tough one. Visit? I can think of a few (the 1850’s because its social and political rancor reminds me of today, or the 1960’s for the music). But live there? Not so sure about that. I’m too wedded to modern conveniences like smartphones and antibiotics.
11 random facts about me:
1. I am left-handed.
2. My older sister and I are 14 months apart.
3. My daughters are 13 months apart.
4. I used to teach science before I was a stay-at-home parent.
5. I was a professional video editor before I was a teacher.
6. I don’t like sushi. Its consistency gives me the heebie jeebies.
7. I never kissed a girl (who was not a relative) until I was 18.
8. My first celebrity crush was Olivia Newton-John.
9. As a tourist, I’ve spent more time in Europe than my own country (something I would like to remedy someday).
10. I learned to swim when I was in my late 30’s.
11. I could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day.
Please take a look at my nominator’s blog page – Carlyakamummy.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster award:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. Do you find the social media element of blogging as enjoyable as the blogging itself?
3. What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to do?
4. When you get a spare hour how do you spend it?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
6. If you were a household appliance, what would you be and why?
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. Is the experience of being a parent different from how you imagined it?
9. Is there a song that describes your life, and if so, what is it?
10. What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
11. Where do you see your blog (and you) in five years?